Walking Wounded

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

God is so merciful!

November of 1985
My Niece and Nephew at play with me.

Today the most wonderful thing happened. The son my sister came home pregnant with months after the death of my own son, came to visit.

He is 27 years old now.
The same age my Nathaniel would have been, yes we gave him a name. It means "Gods gift" and I released that gift back to God in my healing and receiving of forgiveness from both God and Natt, many years ago)

I made him a triple decker sandwich just like when he was 6 years old, the same age as my Dash Hawk. I went to get a plate and grabbed a plastic like I do with all the kids and always have for some 20 something years. I had to laugh at myself I reached over and got a glass plate. I told Him of it and we laughed.
He is a man now and I am His Aunt and I am honored that he feels safe and at home here and always has. He is a glass plate now, grown independent seasoned with life's trial and walking honorably. I am proud of him and his Mother.

This photo was taken in our first home. It was 900 sq. ft. of peace and pleasure. Simple, real and dear. A safe place for all the children to come and rest from their parents :) harhar
( I made the bear lamp in the back ground it is long since sold to a girl who really wanted it. It had well over 200+ hours of detailed work it)

2 comments:

Denise said...

That is so sweet, love just grows more precious with time.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Oh what a sweet post Donetta you are very special.

Hugs,

Angel ():)

Songs of my heart